Program page: https://regattapoint.org/adult-sail
We are excited to announce the opening of sailing for members! Members will be able to reserve a sailboat online for 1 hour time slots from 10am to 7pm. Our programming will begin on June 19, but we are hopeful for bonus weekends in May and June, based on the weather.
Members will be able to use Hunter 15 sailboats by reservation, as well as kayaks and SUPs. We will run Beginner 1 & Beginner 2 classes in a hybrid format. That means people can attend the class in person or watch from home, then schedule their practice time for that night or another night. Staff will be on the docks from 4pm to 8pm to help new members learn to sail. 7pm to 8pm Monday thru Friday is designed as lesson practice time, so member of a class will have first shot at that slot. If there are extra boats, then non-class members can use them. This will help prevent groups from forming.
- Reservations are recommended; we will try to accommodate walk-ins.
- To ensure we have a contactless process, you must be able to get into your boat without any physical assistance from our staff.
- We have NO lockers and only the public restroom is open at this time. Any belongings you bring must go on the water with you or stay in your car. Please plan accordingly.
- When done sailing, and someone is waiting to use the boat next, lower the sail, and furl it around the boom. Staff will then disinfect the boat and get it ready for the next person. If no one is waiting, please put the sail away.
- In compliance with state and local guidelines, guest are limited. You can bring 1 free guest in a double kayak and up to 2 guests in a Hunter 15 sailboat.
- If you need to cancel your sailing reservation, it must be done 48 hours in advance. No shows and late cancellations will be charged a $30 fee.
We will be evaluating the availability of our fleet on an ongoing basis and making changes where needed.
Program page: https://regattapoint.org/youth
RPCS youth programs will run this summer but with a limited capacity and pods of 10:1 students to instructor. The camp will be limited to 20 campers per week and the Junior Program will have 10 students per three week session. If a week is full, we do recommend that you put your name on the waiting list as we maybe able to open up more spaces if regulations permit.
Campers and Juniors will be assigned a life jacket for the entire stay an a place to store their personal effects. Students should bring their own water bottles, lunch and towels.
Program page: https://regattapoint.org/rentals
We are only renting at Lake Quinsigamond in Worcester. Lake Chauncy is closed for the season.
No Reservation needed but to speed up your visit, please fill out the waiver ahead of time. You only need to do this once a year.
- You must be able to get into your boat without any physical assistance from our staff. We have boat hooks that will help.
- You must be in good health and wear a mask while on land and approaching the dock.
- We do not have any place to keep your personal items. You should consider bringing your own dry bag.
- We have life jackets that are washed after every use along with the boats and paddles. We recommend bringing your own Coast Guard approved PFD or consider buying one.
- Everyone must sign our online waiver.
- All of our regular policies are still in effect, no alcohol or cannabis allowed. Anyone under the age of 18 needs to be accompanied by and adult on the water. See our age policy.
Additional Steps we are taking
- Our facilities and dock will be cleaned daily and high touch areas will be cleaned frequently throughout the day.
- All boats, paddles & lifejackets will be sanitized after each use.
- We have added hand sanitizing stations at each step of the rental process.
- We are limiting daily rentals to allow for appropriate distancing.
- Groups will be separated by at least 6 ft. while waiting for their reservation.
- We will manage traffic flow so that everyone is getting in and out of their boats at different times and at designated stations.
- ash transactions will take place while you’re on-site. Waivers and rental payment will all be taken care of in advance or on your own device.
- We will do not have lockers and will not be renting dry bags to limit additional contact.
- SUPs do not have foot leashes.