Program page: https://regattapoint.org/adult-sail
We are ecstatic to announce the opening of sailing for members! Members will be able to reserve a sailboat online for 1 ½ hour time slots from 10am to 7pm. Our soft opening will be from June 30th to July 2nd. This program will not operate on July 3rd – 5th but will be open from July 6th onward.
Members will be able to use Hunter 15 sailboats by reservation, as well as kayaks and SUPs. Everyone must sign the waivers below.
- Reservations are required; we cannot accept walk-ins.
- To ensure we have a contactless process, you must be able to get into your boat without any physical assistance from our staff.
- We have NO lockers and only the public restroom is open at this time. Any belongings you bring must go on the water with you or stay in your car. Please plan accordingly.
- The sailboats will be pre-rigged with the mainsail down and furled around the boom. Sailors will bring the boat around, raise the sail and enjoy some time on the water.
- When done sailing, lower the sail, and furl it around the boom. Staff will then disinfect the boat and get it ready for the next person.
- In compliance with state and local guidelines, guest privileges are limited to members of your household. You can bring 1 free guest in a double kayak and up to 3 guests in a Hunter 15 sailboat.
- If you need to cancel your sailing reservation, it must be done 48 hours in advance. No shows and late cancellations will be charged a $30 fee.
We will be evaluating the availability of our fleet on an ongoing basis and making changes where needed.
Program page: https://regattapoint.org/youth
Thank you for your patience and support. It breaks my heart to tell you that RPCS will not be able to offer 2020 Summer Youth Programs. Trying to meet safety restrictions from the state and city summer camp mandates, the DCR state park guidelines, and state boat and equipment disinfection guidelines is too cumbersome to implement for even a limited capacity youth program.
At this time, I want to communicate the options available to you in regards to your youth program fee. Please note that any 2020 youth program fee is fully refundable.
By default, a credit good for next year will be issued and will lock in the 2020 rate for 2021. You may choose instead to get a full refund, a partial refund, or a full donation. If you choose to donate part or all of the program fee, it is tax deductible and helps us continue to operate in years to come. We recognize each individual and family will have unique requests and needs, and we plan to respond accordingly. Please fill out this form to let us know what you want to do. We will process your request as quickly as we can.
Needless to say, this is not what we had hoped for the 2020 season. The kids will be sorely missed! We will now shift our focus to what is possible for this summer. If we find later this summer that we can safely offer some limited youth events or other opportunities, we will notify you right away!
Program page: https://regattapoint.org/rentals
We are only renting at Lake Quinsigamond in Worcester. Lake Chauncy is closed for the season.
No Reservation needed but to speed up your visit, please fill out the waiver ahead of time. You only need to do this once a year.
- You must be able to get into your boat without any physical assistance from our staff. We have boat hooks that will help.
- You must be in good health and wear a mask while on land and approaching the dock.
- We do not have any place to keep your personal items. You should consider bringing your own dry bag.
- We have life jackets that are washed after every use along with the boats and paddles. We recommend bringing your own Coast Guard approved PFD or consider buying one.
- Everyone must sign our online waiver.
- All of our regular policies are still in effect, no alcohol or cannabis allowed. Anyone under the age of 18 needs to be accompanied by and adult on the water. See our age policy.
Additional Steps we are taking
- Our facilities and dock will be cleaned daily and high touch areas will be cleaned frequently throughout the day.
- All boats, paddles & lifejackets will be sanitized after each use.
- We have added hand sanitizing stations at each step of the rental process.
- We are limiting daily rentals to allow for appropriate distancing.
- Groups will be separated by at least 6 ft. while waiting for their reservation.
- We will manage traffic flow so that everyone is getting in and out of their boats at different times and at designated stations.
- ash transactions will take place while you’re on-site. Waivers and rental payment will all be taken care of in advance or on your own device.
- We will do not have lockers and will not be renting dry bags to limit additional contact.
- SUPs do not have foot leashes.